Group Procurement Policies and Authorities (GPPA)
As part of the Government Transformation Project, the ‘Red Book,’ prepared by the Putrajaya Committee on GLC High Performance in 2005, lays out the recommended best practice procurement guidelines for use by Government Linked Companies Board members, Chief Executive Officers and Chief Procurement Officers. Sime Darby Plantation has developed a GPPA incorporating the Red Book's procurement objectives, procurement best practices and the Company's corporate objectives. In particular, the GPPA has six objectives:
- Drive value creation and minimise Total Cost of Ownership
- Increase procurement process efficiency
- Enhance transparency
- Enhance organisation capabilities and governance
- Improve vendor management, including vendor development
- Support national development
The Vendor Integrity Pledge (VIP) and Vendor Code of Business Conduct (VCOBC)
The Vendor Integrity Pledge is a formal affirmation by any Vendor who intends to conduct business transaction(s) with Sime Darby Plantation, that the said Vendor pledges and undertakes that they have read and understood, and will comply with:
The Vendor Code of Business Conduct (VCOBC)
The VCOBC is attached as Appendix 1 in the VIP, to provide guidance to the Vendors on the required standards of behaviour when conducting work for Sime Darby Plantation and its Group of Companies (the Group). The standards of behaviour are derived from the Group's Core Value and Business Principles.
VCOBC outlines the standards of behaviour required from the Vendor relating to:
- Labour and Human Rights
- Environment, Safety and Health
- Ethics and Management Practices
All applicable laws and regulations relating to anti-bribery, fraud and corruptions, and related requirements as stated in the VCOBC.
The VIP is one of the Company’s procedures for the prevention of corruption that applies specifically to Vendors. It is a compulsory requirement for Vendors to sign the VIP upon registration as to enable them to be selected as a prospective Vendor and subsequently be included in Sime Darby Plantation’s Registered Vendor List (once pre-qualification requirements and procedures have taken place).
- Vendor Integrity Pledge (VIP) and Appendix [Vendor Code of Business Conduct (VCOBC)_English
- Vendor Integrity Pledge (VIP) and Appendix [Vendor Code of Business Conduct (VCOBC)_Bahasa Malaysia
Vendor Conflict of Interest (VCOI) Declaration Form
VCOI is a formal declaration form by any Vendor who has an actual / potential Conflict of Interest as specified in the document.
Vendor management is a key area in managing compliance of our overall vendor and procurement governance. All vendors are required to undergo the various processes involved including registration and pre-qualification in order for the Company to establish a quality and comprehensive Registered Vendor List. Sime Darby Plantation’s (SDP) business needs will be better fulfilled through sourcing via vendor selection procedures that has undergone rigorous pre-qualification requirements. SDP will conduct further evaluation to assess vendors’ range of work categories and nature of business against the business needs. Continuous performance evaluations will be carried out to ensure these business needs are met.
Vendor Registration and Pre-Qualification
- Registration and pre-qualification of vendors to accurately capture vendors profiles, their products/services and qualifications.
- Signing the Vendor Integrity Pledge (VIP) for adherence to SDP’s VCOBC
Registered Vendor List
- SDP's Registered Vendor List provides a strong, competitive, and organised database to facilitate selection for sourcing activities.
- Continuous performance evaluation throughout active period of transactions with SDP.
Tools And Control
Apart from ensuring our operational procurement steps are captured through clear terms and conditions with our vendors, Sime Darby Plantation (SDP) is also continuously implementing electronic procurement (eProcurement) capabilities to help put our policies and procedures in action.
SDP continues to work closely with our vendors to help ensure that these capabilities are mutually beneficial to our procurement activities.
Interested To Be SDP's Approved Vendor?
At SDP, we are always on the lookout for new partners to collaborate with us to reach our common goals. If you are interested in offering your services to SDP, please visit our eProcurement Portal.